DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
• Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
• Work with other departments to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
• Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
• Provide stewardship to current donors to provide regular written updates (newsletters etc.) to corporate and foundation donors.
• Maintain current records in database, including grant tracking and reporting.
• Create and maintain a master list of all grants including proposal due dates, completed proposals and report dates.
• Assist with other projects as requested i.e. fundraising.
• Conduct research on individuals, companies and foundations using electronic research tools along with other methods to support our mission.
• Conduct other research requests as needed.
• Identifies prospective major gift donors through proactive research.
• Develop and maintain a prospect tracking system for all major gift donor prospects.
• Assist Development staff with prospect and donor follow-up requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University required; and a minimum of two-years (2) of development experience with a focus on writing and/or prospect research; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of online and other database resources. Proficiency in computer software such as Foundation Search, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
• Strong editing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of information sources.
• Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
• Knowledge of basic techniques and strategies.
• Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for prospect research.
• Strong contributor in team environments.
Note: This is a volunteer to hire opportunity.