Harvey Nexus Inc. is looking for an experienced Recruitment Consultant (- Commission Only to Salary) to join us with a view to becoming a future leader and taking ownership of one of our verticals.
Harvey Nexus Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization based in Houston; Texas dedicated to empowering communities by alleviating unemployment.
Our mission is geared towards providing a sustainable and trusted recruitment and training organization that will lead to the direct growth and development of communities and businesses; and a vision to become the most impactful nonprofit recruitment organization in Texas, the Sun Belt and the wider South with extended community support nationally. Our vision reflects our values: integrity, service, commitment, excellence, teamwork, and community-first.
The Commission to Salary Recruitment Consultant will work closely with their Sales Director and team on a 360 desk connecting with the Human Resources departments of mid to large sized companies and oversees the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring process of candidates.
With a solid client base this is a lucrative opportunity to grow, build and maintain a solid book of business and a team to collaborate with. The Recruitment Consultant will be involved in Account Management, Business Development, Sales and Candidate Acquisition / Recruiting.
Our mission is centered around people and we are looking for individuals that are passionate about our mission to build a platform around and help us grow our presence in the markets and communities that we serve.
- 2+ Years working for a staffing company that operates a 360 /Full Desk model (both sales / account management & recruiting)
- Proven track record in developing your own business and billings within a niche (candidate short) vertical discipline and/or geographical area
- Experience managing multiple client relationships / accounts and increasing client life-time value
- Ability to qualify job requirements and effectively relay information to co-workers.
- Sourcing and recruiting experience (Headhunting, Job Boards, LinkedIn, Referrals etc.)
- Team Lead experience or willingness to help train new hires as we grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Recruiting Coordinator
- Uses career sites like LinkedIn, Monster and Careerbuilder to locate qualified prospective candidates.
- Read and sort cover letters and resumes.
- Write and post job descriptions on company website and career websites.
- Contact prospective employees.
- Schedule interviews with candidates and clients.
- Conducts phone or face-to-face interviews with individuals to assess their qualifications and fit for a company.
- Assist the hiring team of company recruiters or team members.
- Trains new recruiters.
- Lead team meetings to discuss goals and strategies for recruitments.
- Maintains records of interviews and hires.
- Devises ways of improving the recruitment process.
- Works with the HR department to negotiate salary and benefits for the candidate/ requisition.
- Submit a short list of potential hires to the company manager for review.
- Schedule interviews Candidates with Clients.
- Notify candidates who have been hired.
- Contact a possible client that may benefit from the use of a recruiter.
- Meet with clients to discuss and promote recruiting services.
- Attends job fairs to recruit personnel where necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exhibits a professional, confident, and outgoing demeanor.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Possess solid leadership skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Possesses knowledge of company mission and goals.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possesses excellent telephone etiquette.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Possesses knowledge of basic contract formats and benefits packages.
- Works well with a team.
- Is capable of devising effective interview questions to determine an interviewee’s capabilities.
- Exhibits strong listening skills.
- Is willing and able to travel locally or nationally for client visits and conferences when necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and collectively with the team in a remote workspace.
The role requires one to spend the majority of his or her working hours in a virtual workspace setting, contacting and meeting with clients and interviewees( phone and video). Workweeks are generally 40-hours, but many recruiters work overtime to enhance their client list. Some local travel to meet with prospective clients may be necessary.
This is a Commission only to salary opportunity. The recruitment Consultant will start on a commission only compensation and based on performance within the role will be promoted to a salary full time position with benefits.