Full Job Description
Harvey Nexus Inc. looking to add 4-6 new Board Members to help cultivate community outreach and recognition.
Harvey Nexus Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization based in Houston; Texas dedicated to empowering communities by alleviating unemployment.
Our mission is geared towards providing a sustainable and trusted recruitment and training organization that will lead to the direct growth and development of communities and businesses; and a vision to become the most impactful nonprofit recruitment organization in Texas, the Sun Belt and the wider South with extended community support nationally. Our vision reflects our values: integrity, service, excellence, teamwork, and community-first.
We are looking to expand our Board of Directors by adding people who are passionate about our mission, self-motivated, hardworking, and experienced in their respected industry as well as in the nonprofit sector.
Board members will help strategize our growth, financial plan, community involvement, connect us with other dedicated volunteers, partners, sponsors, donors, and create a community of giving. We are a working board – meaning our board members invest time, professional expertise, talent, and regularly advocate and engage their personal network and resources.
Each Individual Board Members is Expected To:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to achieve Harvey Nexus fundraising goals and increase revenue streams through large donations and grants.
- Research, identify, cultivate, and steward financial support from major donors, foundations, and corporations.
- Maintain strong relationships with sponsors, partners, and donors through face-to-face or virtual meetings, social gatherings and ongoing communications.
- Help support, build and maintain committees within your focus. i.e community involvement, fundraising etc.
- Develop process for organizing and maintaining constituent records.
- Cultivate and recruit board members and other volunteers.
- Be a strategist; visionary or innovator- presenting forward thinking ideas and initiatives to support the mission.
- Speak in public and advocate for the cause. Attend local community meetings.
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising, reputational standing.
- Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.
- Annual financial commitment.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Grant writing experience (strongly preferred).
- Solid budget management skills.
- Knowledge of Non-profit law and local rules and regulations.
- Recruitment and career coaching experience.
- Entrepreneurial and business development experience.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in fundraising and donor relations.
- Ability to convey Harvey Nexus vision and strategic future to the board, volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Solid budget management and grant administration skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, comfortable with public speaking.
Board Participation Requirements:
- Contribute 20+ hours per month to moving the mission forward
- Contribute financially to the mission as well as actively involved in community engagements.
- Attend board meetings.
- Attend a virtual Orientation.
- Must be passionate about our mission and be willing to invest time, professional expertise and talent to grow Harvey Nexus.
- Willing to advocate for Harvey Nexus to existing contacts and networks.
- Willing to help support, attend and bring people to Harvey Nexus fundraising events.
- Willing to communicate and collaborate with board members regularly, especially the board President, Members and Founders.
Length of Term:
- We are asking board members to commit to a minimum of 1-2 years.
Meetings and Time Commitment:
- The board of directors will meet bi-monthly. Meetings typically last 1 hour
- Committees of the board will meet as necessary to accomplish goals and responsibilities
- Board members are asked to attend at least one special event per year
Further, board members are expected to
- Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions.
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and Non-disclosure agreement.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization.
This list is neither exclusionary nor exhaustive. It is a call to the Board of Directors to offer your talents and resources to Harvey Nexus mission.
- Fully Remote