Harvey Nexus Inc. is looking for a Volunteer Fundraising and Development coordinator to pilot our fundraising initiatives. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dependable Fundraising & Development coordinator who wants to jumpstart their career with a start-up nonprofit recruiting and career coaching organization.
The Fundraising & Development coordinator will assist in the support and the execution of major fundraising from individual and corporate donors.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist in sponsorships and in-kind requests (both written and verbal).
- Coordinate closely with marketing team on social media, and web content to promote Harvey Nexus key initiatives and career opportunities.
- Research content for and draft email blasts to donors, supporters, and other interested parties i.e. job seekers and career coaching participants.
- Provide support for on-going development activities including prospect research, grant research and drafting, and program marketing.
- Creating fundraising campaigns, including thinking creatively about campaign messages, as well as implementing the logistics of campaigns (mailings, social media posts, e-mails, phone calls).
- Composing or improving process for communication with donors, including quarterly email updates for donors, thank you letters, and initial outreach to potential donors.
- Identifying, researching, and compiling leads for potential funding sources, including researching foundation databases, community leaders, local franchises, and corporate sponsors and grant writing.
- Research potential corporate and major donor fundraising sources.
- Provide support in data gathering for proposal writing and submission qualifications.
- Marketing, non-profit, or related experience is a plus.
- Comfort with soliciting/interacting with individuals & companies face-to-face, virtual, on the phone or via mail/email.
- Exceptional phone and email etiquette.
- Research, writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Google (Word/Excel) applications, email and donor management system preferred.
- Understand and actively use social media platforms, including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Must learn quickly, thrive in an environment with competing demands and quickly changing priorities.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Professional, consistent, reliable, proactive.
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude, demonstrate ability to multi-task and the ability to meet deadlines.
What you’ll gain:
- The pride that comes with making a real difference in your community.
- A chance to learn about our community and all the good work happening across the nonprofit sector.
- Foundational and practical data management skills.
- Knowledge of the critical role data management and knowledge management play in a nonprofit setting.
- Exposure to data management best practices.
- Customer service experience in working with internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of how a nonprofit operates.
- A chance to work in a professional environment with ample opportunities to network with passionate professionals.
- Foundational and practical operations and non-profit management skills
- Knowledge of the critical role operations, development, and fundraising plays in a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of non-profit policies, structure, and common practices
- An opportunity to work in a professional environment with ample opportunities to network with professionals.
What you will bring:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Organized, detail-oriented, and flexible with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work remotely with a virtual workspace.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Nonprofit and/or grassroots experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn latest programs and systems
- English and/or Spanish language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- Growth mindset with a curiosity to approach (hard) problems in original ways and always open to continuous learning.
- Structured problem solver: find solutions for complex problems, developing data-driven and practical solutions.
- Operational skill / change management: ability to craft practical operational plans to achieve clear, measurable goals.
- High emotional intelligence: an ability to connect with people with varied views, actively listen, coach and influence to drive toward common goals.
- Ease with data: a facility working with data to understand a problem, to tell a story, to influence others.
- High degree of discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information.
- We are looking for experienced professionals (5-10 years) or Interns and are open to a variety of backgrounds including but not limited to: experience in in startups, people strategy & operations, and management consulting.
For Internship candidates – college credits can be offered as a form of compensation.